Setup IPTV / IP Camera - Existing Stream : New
IPTV / IP Camera - Stream Access Requirements
- You will need the stream address of your IP camera or IPTV channel. Insert address exactly as it works in VLC (File > Open Network) or other player. Test before submitting.
- Address should start with one of these supported protocols: rtsp://, rtmp://, udp://, rtmps://, wowz://, wowzs:// .
- For increased playback support, H264 video with AAC audio encoded streams should be configured if possible, from IP Camera / Streaming source settings.
- Depending on source encoding, streaming may require transcoding to play in different players. Without transcoding, some streams may play in Flash players but not as HTML5 HLS or MPEG-DASH or may have interruptions or missing sound. Contact Technical Support and provide exact stream address for evaluation.
- For IP cameras, you can find RTSP address in its documentation: ask the camera provider or find it online.
- Username and password of IP camera / stream needs to be specified if needed to access that stream.
- Port needs to be specified if different from default for that protocol. Non standard ports (other than than 554 RTSP, 1935 RTMP) may be rejected by firewall. Contact site/server administrator if you need to use special.
- If device/stream does not have a public address, your local network administrator will need to Forward Camera Port trough Router.
- If your network is not publicly accessible (your ISP did not allocate a static public IP), your local network administrator may need to setup Dynamic DNS for external access.
This section allows testing address for IP Camera or Stream with our without login. If address is accessible, address can be added as broadcasting channel (after login).