Setup IP Camera / Existing Stream : New
IP Camera/Stream Access Requirements
- You will need the stream address of your ip camera or stream. Insert address exactly as it works in VLC or other player (test before submitting).
- Address should start with one of these supported protocols: rtsp://, rtmp://, udp://, rtmps://, wowz://, wowzs:// or https:// if ending in m3u8 (HLS).
- For increased playback support, H264 video with AAC audio encoded streams should be configured if possible, from IP Camera / Streaming source settings.
- For IP cameras, you can find RTSP address in its documentation: ask the camera provider or find it online.
- Username and password of IP camera / stream needs to be specified if needed to access that stream.
- Port needs to be specified if different from default for that protocol. Non standard ports may be rejected by firewall (contact site administrator).
- If device/stream does not have a public address, your local network administrator will need to Forward Camera Port trough Router.
- If your network is not publicly accessible (your ISP did not allocate a static public IP), your local network administrator may need to setup Dynamic DNS for external access.
This section allows testing address for IP Camera or Stream with our without login. If address is accessible, address can be added as broadcasting channel (after login).